Home

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Italian Sesame Cookies

These cookies remind me of one of the cookies I love from my favorite Italian Bakery...and let me tell you these taste just as good!!...I would have never thought that I could get close to them even tasting as great...but these do and I am so excited about that!....Now the wheels are spinning on what other type of cookie I can make with this dough...I will be doing some experimenting for sure....I did take a portion of this dough and made them a little bigger and while they were warm I glazed them with pink icing to try and replicate my daughters favorite Italian cookie ( I will post a pic below) These were really easy to make but the applying of the sesame seeds can be a little time consuming...But it will be so worth it!...This will also be a great cookie to add to a plate of other cookies you make and definitely a great coffee dunker!..you can also toast your sesame seeds before adding to cookie..Here is how I put these together.....Enjoy!!



INGREDIENTS

1 stick butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups AP flour (I used 00 flour)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sesame seeds (toasted if you like)
3/4 cup of milk

DIRECTIONS

1. In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until creamy..add 1 egg at a time beating after each addition...add vanilla. 

2. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder...grab a whisk and give it a good stir to combine..gradually add this to the butter mixture and mix well

3. The dough may be sticky, but turn it onto a floured surface and sprinkle with more flour and knead until smooth...divide dough into 8 even portions...shape each portion into 24 inch logs. Cut into 2 inch pieces

4. Place sesame seeds and milk in separate shallow bowls...brush each log with milk then sprinkle with sesame seeds(I used a spoon)...this can get a little messy , I did this on a small dish ..then transfer each log onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet  at least 2 inches apart

5.Bake at 350 degrees until bottoms are lightly brown 7-9 minutes...let cool in wire racks






 I kept these cookies plain..made them a little bigger then brush with pink icing while warm!
These were to go's for porch delivery's for my family!







Italian Sesame cookies

Yield: 8 dozen
Author:
Prep time: 30 MCook time: Total time: 30 M
Bakery style Sesame cookies...great for dunking

Ingredients:

  • 1 Stick of Butter (softened)
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 3 large Eggs (room temp)
  • 3 Cups All purpose flour ( I used 00)
  • 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 3/4 Cups Sesame Seeds (toasted if you like)
  • 3/4 Cups Milk

Instructions:

How to cook Italian Sesame cookies

  1. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy...add 1 egg at a time...beating after each addition...add vanilla
  2. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder...grab a whisk and give a stir to combine....gradually add this to the butter mixture and mix well
  3. The dough may be sticky, but turn it onto a floured surface ..sprinkle with more flour and knead until smooth...divide dough into 8 even portions...shape each portion into 24 inch logs then cut into 2 inch pieces
  4. Place sesame seeds and milk in separate shallow bowls....brush each log with milk then sprinkle with sesame seeds ( I used a spoon)...this can get a little mess, I did it on a small dish....transfer each one onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart
  5. Bake at 350 degrees until bottoms are lightly brown 7-9 minutes...let cool on wire racks...Enjoy!
Created using The Recipes Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment