Home

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Ammoglio Sauce

A fond memory I have of my Dad is of him grilling breaded steaks when I was young! When he made them, my Mom always made Ammoglio(a-moy-gue) to go with it!!,,,,Ammoglio is a Sicilian tomato salsa used to top grilled steaks or chicken,,,,,,It is best to make this the day before to let all of the flavors marinate together!,,,,I used it on Porterhouse steaks that I breaded,,,,I first rubbed olive oil on them and then dredged them in Italian seasoned breadcrumbs ( we call this Steak Siciliano), then left to room temperature before my hubby grilled them!,,,,Here is how I prepare my sauce (everyone does it a little different, and I am sure they are all yummy),,,,Here is what I did, Enjoy!!

 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1- 14 1/2 oz. can of Petite Diced Tomatoes (with juices)
2-4 cloves of minced garlic (depending on how bad you want your breath) lol
1 T Olive Oil
1 T sugar
1 t dried basil (if you have fresh on hand that is fine!)
1 t dried oregano
1 t salt
dash pepper
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Mix all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate until ready to use
(This can be stored covered in fridge for 4-5 days)
 
Here are my breaded steaks
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment