Home

Monday, June 30, 2014

One Pot Pasta Primavera

Here is another one pot pasta recipe I am posting!,,,The one I have posted in the past I make at least once a week now!!,,,So I wanted to try and come up with another version, I added heavy whipping cream to this one at the end along with parmesan cheese, to give it a creamier base, I really like the texture of this recipe, I also added fresh zucchini and fresh mushrooms along with frozen peas, but I am sure you could use  other vegetables as well,,,And I just really like the fact that everything starts out in one pot together, including the uncooked pasta!!,,,Here is what I did,,,Enjoy!!



 
INGREDIENTS
 
 
1- 14 1/2 ounce box of Barilla Plus (multigrain pasta)
5 Cups Chicken Broth
3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 onion sliced thin
2 zucchini (quartered and sliced thin, with skin)
1/2 pound (about 10) Mushrooms (sliced)
1 Cup frozen peas
1 t dry oregano
1 t dry basil
pinch crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
 
1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Add all ingredients except the whipping cream and parmesan cheese
to a dutch oven or large pot with a lid, breaking pasta to
fit in pot
 
Bring to a boil  on Medium heat uncovered, stir,
once it comes to a boil cover pot
and turn to simmer
for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes
 
Once liquid is absorbed add heavy cream and parmesan cheese
Serve and add more parmesan if needed
 
NOTE:  If you are using 12 ounce box of regular pasta you will
only need 4 cups of broth
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment