Home

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Crockpot Lasagna

I had given up on making Lasagna years ago!,,,every time I would make it, it turned out dry and crusty on the top no matter how much sauce I would use,,,so I just never made it again....until I started making it in my crock pot!,,,,It has always turned out great,,,and I make it a lot now! I never really followed a recipe for it so I am going to try to give you the best instructions I can!,,,Here it goes... You can also use your own method of making lasagna just be sure to use plenty of sauce so it doesn't dry out good luck.
Here is what it looks like finished






Preheat your crock pot on high while you are getting everything together!


INGREDIENTS

Ricotta Filling

1 ...15 oz containers Ricotta Cheese
1/4 C parmesan cheese
1/4 Cups  seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons parsley flakes
2 eggs (beaten)

Mix this together and set aside

6 Cups pasta sauce (I used my home made meat sauce)
4 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 Cup parmesan cheese
1 box lasagna noodles (I actually only used 12)
I have also used gluten free noodles to make this and it came out great!


To Assemble

pour 1 cup sauce in preheated crockpot and spread around you want a generous amount to start add more if you think it needs it
add raw noodles you should be able to add a full noodle in center and then break 1 in halve for each side to cover bottom
add a little more sauce
then add ricotta mixture 1/3 of it... top ricotta with mozzarella then parm cheese
ladle more sauce over cheeses then add another row of noodles
repeat with cheeses and sauce
you will end with noodles that you will cover with just sauce,,,a lot of it..,,,this is what it should look like before you cover and start cooking

 and let it cook for about 2-3 hours on high (if during the course of cooking, the top layer of noodles get dry,,,add more sauce)....It is done once the top noodles look soft.......do not add the top layer of mozzarella till the very end when it is finished cooking it wont take long to melt
(re-cover after adding mozzarella)
0nce it is melted you can turn crockpot to low (you can also cook this on low for a little longer time if you like)



These are the gluten free noodles I use

No comments:

Post a Comment