Home

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Gluten~Free Cherry Nut Oatmeal Cookies

Here is a recipe I came up with years ago!,,,,Many have asked me for this recipe so I figured I would share now!,,,If you are not worried about making these Gluten free,,,just use regular flour and quick oats and omit the xanthum gum,,,,everything else will remain the same,,,,I love the cherries in these cookies but if you are not a fan, you could replace with raisins!! Here is what I do....Enjoy

 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 C (2 sticks) butter softened
2 C packed brown sugar
2 eggs
 
2 C gluten free flour ( I use Bob's Red Mill)
3 C quick oats ( Bob's Red Mill)
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 1/2 t xanthum gum
2 t cinnamon
 
1 C chopped walnuts
1 1/2 C dried cherries
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Preheat oven to 350
 
Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and give it a good mix,,,set aside
 
In a mixer cream together the butter brown sugar and eggs until mixed well
 
start adding the dry mixture to the bowl
 
Mix until well incorporated then stir in the cherries and nuts
drop dough by rounded tablespoon to silpat or parchment  lined cookie sheet
Bake for 9 to 10 minutes
This recipe yields about 3 dozen cookies
 

No comments:

Post a Comment