Home

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Brussel Sprout Slaw

I just love Brussel sprouts!,,,,and I usually just roast them in the oven, but when I came across using them to make a cold salad or slaw I just had to try it,,,,,it makes such a nice and refreshing side dish,
I added chopped dried cherries to mine for a little sweetness,,,you can omit them if you like....or you can  add crumbled bacon to this recipe,,,, but the sunflower seeds in here are just a little added crunch that makes it yummy!,,,here is what I do


 
 
INGREDIENTS
Dressing
2 T olive oil
3 T white wine vinegar (I use white balsamic)
juice from 1/2 a lemon
1 T honey
2 t mustard
1 T parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
 
1 pound brussel sprouts raw  (halved then finely chopped)
1/4 C sunflower seeds
1/4 C dried cherries (chopped)
 
DIRECTIONS
Mix together all ingredients for dressing in a bowl and whisk until combined set aside
 
Start chopping you brussel sprouts ,,,I halve them first then lay flat and give then a fine chop with my knife
put  them in a large bowl adding the sunflower seeds and cherries
Pour dressing over them and give them a good toss to combine well
cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate a couple hours before serving
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment