Home

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

One Pot Chilli Mac

I am loving these one pot recipes!!,,,And to think I used to make this the old fashioned way and use different pots to cook everything and then add it all together!!,,,,Well I love the way this turned out and so did my family!!,,,My husband called this one a Home Run!!,,,This is one pot, but the beef and onions are cooked first and then you add everything else!,,,Here is what I did ,,,Enjoy!!



 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 pound ground sirloin
1 onion (diced)
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
 
1 box (4 cups) Chicken broth
2 Cups dry elbow macaroni (I used multigrain)
1 14 1/2 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 can cannellini beans (drained)
1 package McCormick chilli seasoning pack (I used original flavor)
shredded cheddar for garnish
 
DIRECTIONS
 
In a dutch oven or large pot with a lid....add beef and onion and brown (my beef was lean
so I didn't drain fat), salt and pepper the beef, then add the rest of the ingredients and give it a stir
cook on medium heat uncovered, once it comes to a boil, turn to simmer and cover, cook for 12-15 minutes until pasta is done,,,stirring every 5 minutes or so
 
 
We topped ours with shredded cheddar cheese (my daughter added oyster crackers)
you could add what toppings you like, sour cream or avocado would be good also!!
 
NOTE.....if you don't have the seasoning packet you could use 2 teaspoons each of chilli powder and cumin
Adding shredded cheddar while it was hot made this extra yummy!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment