Home

Monday, July 28, 2014

Simple Lemon Tartlets

These cute little tarts will be sure to impress your family and friends!!,,Using premade pie crust helps in making these really simple to make!,,I used a 3 inch diameter Wilton flower cookie cutter,,,,Next time I am going to experiment with different shapes,,,I think a star shape would be fun!,.....and as far as fillings go the possibilities are endless!!,,,I used lemon fruit filling for these, but I think any type of pudding or pie filling would work great, I would also like to try a putting a slice of banana on bottom and then topping with banana pudding and whip cream!!,,,You can be creative and have some fun with this!....In the past I have also made little pumpkin pies, which I added the filling to the raw crust and baked together,,,,when using a pudding or pie filling you would just bake the crust first and when cool add your filling!...Here is what I did....Enjoy!!


 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
Pre Made Pie Crust (room temperature or set out about 10 minutes)
Lemon fruit filling
whipped cream
Powder sugar (for dusting)
 
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350
Remove dough from package and rollout slightly with rolling pin
Cut out shapes (I got 12 flowers from each circle of crust) So 1 package will make 24 tarts
You can also roll out excess dough to make more if you like!
spray your mini muffin tin with cooking spray
press a flower shape into tin,,,,,,I baked for 8 minutes
Remove when done and let cool before filling ,,,,add whip cream or any other garnish you like (I dusted with powder sugar)
 
Here are the mini pumpkin pies I have done, I
filled with pumpkin pie filling according to can
and baked for about 20 minutes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment