Home

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Shrimp Scampi

Every gathering my parents would have at their home with our family,,,,my Dad would always break out his electric frying pan and make a batch of Shrimp Scampi,,,,,Everyone always looked forward to it!,,,,He would melt butter add the shrimp and garlic, then the breadcrumbs, then a squeeze of fresh lemon,,,,They never made it to a platter, everyone would grab a toothpick and eat them right out of the pan, and he always had the ingredients to make a second batch, the grandkids couldn't get enough of it!!,,,I have been wanting to make it for a while, so I came up with this version, I bake it not fry it and I use a small amount of butter along with chicken broth to try and make it a little healthier,,,I also served mine over Angel Hair pasta,,,,Here is what I came up with,,,Enjoy!!


 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 pound shrimp (raw, peeled and deveined, with tail)
olive oil
salt pepper
 
3 T butter
3-4 cloves minced garlic
1 Cup chicken broth
1 t dry parsley
pinch crushed red pepper
 
1/3 Cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Pasta of your choice
Parmesan cheese
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 425
 
Add shrimp to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil add some salt and pepper and mix well
set aside while you make garlic sauce
 

 
 
In a saucepan add butter, melt on low then add minced garlic
cook for about a minute then add chicken broth
parsley and red pepper flakes stir then turn burner off
 

 
 
Next add  shrimp to a shallow baking dish, pour garlic sauce over them, then sprinkle
with the breadcrumbs
 



 
place in oven for 12 to 15 minutes until shrimp look done and pink
I turned each shrimp over half way through baking
and served over some Angel hair pasta
then topped with parmesan cheese
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment