Home

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts W/Chocolate - honey glaze (gluten free)

Being gluten free one thing I really miss is doughnuts!......So I was on a mission to try and come up with a recipe.....after much trial and error this is what I came up with! Being Fall, I thought I would try and make a pumpkin doughnut, but now that I have this recipe as a base I may be trying others, I think chocolate flavor may be what I try next, I also glazed these with chocolate and honey mixed together, but you could also dust with powder sugar if you like.....You will need a donut pan to make these....I found a Wilton brand one at Bed, Bath and Beyond....Well here is what I did...Enjoy!

 
INGREDIENTS
 
4 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 cup pure pumpkin (I use Libby's 100% in can)
3/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond meal/flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons allspice
 
GLAZE
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (enjoy life brand)
1/3 cup honey
add to a glass bowl and microwave for about 20-25 seconds....remove and start stirring until smooth
 
Here are the chocolate chips I use for glaze
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350
 
Add all of the wet ingredients to your mixer with whisk attachment or blender (I used my Ninja).
Blend to mix and then add all of the dry ingredients and blend until mixed well.
 
Add a Gallon size Ziploc bag into a large cup and fold over the top (this is an easy way to fill your bag)
 
Once batter is in bag you will squeeze from top to slide it to corner where you will be snipping with scissors (you can set this aside while you prep donut pan)
Spray your donut pan with nonstick spray
Snip the corner of the bag (not too big) and start piping batter into each vessel of the pan
 
 
Smooth out the batter and tamp the pan down
And then bake for 20 minutes
 
Once baked let cool slightly and remove from pan
You can put a cookie sheet on top of donut pan and then flip over
The bottom smooth part is the side I glazed
 
Once cool you can glaze or dust with sugar as you like
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment