Home

Friday, November 27, 2015

Gluten - free Bread or Rolls

Well I have been fiddling with bread recipes for a while now.....bread has to be one of the hardest things to make gluten free but it is one of my most favorite things and the one I miss the most! Once I tested this combination of ingredients and flours (a lot)....I knew I had something I could live with and enjoy!....I have baked this recipe in loaf pans and mini loaf pans, but I just recently baked in a muffin tin for dinner rolls and they were fabulous!,,,Especially when I eat it my favorite way which is dipping it in olive oil with parmesan cheese and adding a little balsamic vinegar or my husbands home made pesto!....Well here is what I did....Enjoy!
 
INGREDIENTS
 
DRY
 
1 cup white rice flour Bob's red mill
1 cup Pamelas artisan flour
1 cup arrowroot flour
1 Tablespoon xanthum gum
1 teaspoon salt
 
here are the flours I used
this is the yeast I used
 
 
1 -1/2 cups warm water
2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (Braggs)
 
 
3 egg whites (room temp)
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350
 
In your mixer with the dough hook adapter... add all of the dry ingredients and give it a few rounds of mixing to blend
In a 2 cup capacity measuring cup add 1 1/2 cups warm water and stir in the yeast until dissolved.....add the honey olive oil and vinegar and stir to combine.
Start adding the liquid to the flour mixture and mix until all combined
In a small bowl add egg whites and mix with a fork....add the eggs to the dough and mix (the dough will be a little sticky)
 
You will have enough dough for 2 regular loaf pans or 4 mini loaves
Spray your pan and divide dough and add to pans...use wet fingers to smooth the top of the bread
I added pans to the microwave to rise and draped with a kitchen towel
 
Let rise until it doubles in size (about a half hour)
Bake bread in a Preheated 350 degree oven for about 50-60 minutes until golden brown on top.
Here is how the rolls looked!
Let bread cool and enjoy!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment