Home

Monday, October 24, 2016

Krispie Treat Pie

Well my husband is usually the Rice Krispie Treat maker in our house....and he did do one of these Krispie Treat Pies last year and I had forgotten about it until I needed to make a Birthday treat for a Gluten free friend and this came to mind!....So I got out my spring form pan and went to work (if you don't have a spring form pan, I am sure a cake pan would work)...I made the center of this orange to look like a pumpkin pie, but you could do other colors for different Holiday's like green for Christmas or pink for Easter...Have some fun with it even add some sprinkles if you like...Sometimes they even have flavored Marshmallows...that could be interesting!....You can even add whipped cream to these servings!....Here is what I did...Enjoy!!
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
I made 2 batches of Rice Krispie Treats according to cereal box directions
Make the first one plain then add to a non stick sprayed spring form pan
and push to the edge with a spatula that you have sprayed also (and your fingers) to form your "crust"
 
 
To one of the batches add the food coloring of your choice to the melted marshmallow and then add the cereal
 
Add the orange batch to the center of pan and press it in evenly
 
 
 
Let it set then remove the spring form and you will have your Pie!
 
Slice into wedges...You can even top with whip cream!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment