Home

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free)

With any recipe I see that looks good and I want to try, my first thought is "Can I convert this to fit my dietary needs?"......So when my daughter made these delicious pumpkin cookies that was my first thought.....The original recipe was loaded with sugar and regular flour. So I got to work to come up with this recipe.....The texture was a little different but the flavor was all there.....These cookies are like pillowy little cakes!...Very soft in texture....Anyone who likes pumpkin spice will love these and if you don't need them to be gluten free just substitute with regular flour and omit the xanthan gum...you can also use 1 -1/2 cups of the sugar of your choice. Here is what I did.....Enjoy!!
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1- 15 ounce can of 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 egg
1/2 stick Butter (melted and cooled)
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons Pumpkin pie spice (depending how spicy you like it)
1 Cup Natural Cane Sugar
1/2 Cup Honey
 
2-1/2 Cups Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking flour)
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
 
1/2 Bag or about 1 Cup Chocolate Chips ( I use Enjoy Life Brand )
 
 
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350
 
1. Add the Pumpkin to your Mixer along with the egg, butter, vanilla, sugars and spices and mix until blended
 
2. In another bowl add all of the dry ingredients and whisk
 
3. Start adding the flour mixture to the batter until used up and you get it all blended well
 
4. Add in the chocolate chips and mix
 
5. Scoop the batter (with a large scoop) onto a Silpat lined baking sheet spread them apart and flatten the tops
 
6. Bake for 13-15 Minutes until golden
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment