Home

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip

Spinach artichoke dip has always been one of my favorites....I would usually always just put it in a casserole dish and bake it....But I had this new cute little decorative Crock Pot I purchased so I decided to let it cook in there for my New Year's Eve get together, hoping it would help in keeping it hot all night...So that is how I prepared this and it worked out great!......Here is what I did....Enjoy!
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
10 ounce bag Frozen chopped Spinach thawed and squeezed
14 ounce can Artichokes in water (chopped)
8 ounces Cream Cheese (I used reduced fat)
16 ounces Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
2 Cloves garlic minced
4 ounces diced Chiles (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
milk or half and half if needed
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Mix all ingredients together and add to Crock Pot
Start it out at high for 2 hours or until heated through then you can turn to low to stay warm... mixing occasionally
I added a little half and half as the night went on you can do this if you find it getting thicker
 
NOTE** This is one of those recipes that you can be creative with and do what you like....If you like more garlic then add it or another can of artichokes or more spinach or cheese....I have also made this with Mayonnaise, you could do half mayo, half sour cream....give it a taste, you have some room to play here
  and use this as a template!
 
Serve with Tostito's or Pita Crackers and Enjoy!
How cute is this little Crock Pot!!
 
Also if you need this quick...heat in microwave or oven to heat through first...then add to crock pot

 

No comments:

Post a Comment