Home

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Mini "Cheeseburger" Cupcakes

Ok, so when I first saw these Cheeseburger cupcakes I knew I had to give them a try!....and of course try to simplify them, which is what I try to do with every recipe on my blog. I have also seen these in full size cupcakes, but I thought that may be a bit much, so I knew I had to give them a try as mini's. I pulled out my mini muffin tin (which I happen to use for a lot of things) and got to work. I had just bought a gluten free vanilla cake mix and a gluten free brownie mix at my new favorite store ALDI so I was ready to dive in!...But you could definitely prepare these with regular mixes....I will try and give you detailed instructions on how I assembled these. I think they would be great for a Super Bowl party or a children's Birthday party, but you could serve these up for any gathering......They are so cute and make a great conversation food to serve on a  fun platter!....Here is what I did....Enjoy!

 
WHAT YOU NEED
 
1 Vanilla Cake Mix
1 Brownie Mix
Shredded Coconut
Green Food Coloring
1 Can Buttercream Frosting
Red and Yellow Food Coloring
Honey
Water
Sesame Seeds
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
I started out by making the box of vanilla cake mix per directions on box and baked them in a sprayed mini muffin tin
Then prepare the brownie mix per directions on box and add batter to a 9x13 sprayed baking dish
Here are the mixes I used
 
Cupcakes after baking
 
Next prepare the "Lettuce" which is about a cup of shredded sweetened coconut mixed with green food coloring
 
Then prepare the "Cheese" which is Vanilla frosting dyed with yellow and red coloring until you achieve a orange cheese looking color. This "cheese" will keep the "lettuce" in tact.
 
 
When the brownies were done I cut them with a knife into a circle the size of the cupcake then shaped it into a patty
 
 
Cut the cupcake in half place the brownie patty on the bottom half then top with the frosting.
 
 I used my piping tool if you don't have one I am sure you could just add with a knife, use a generous amount to hold the coconut in place.
 
 
 
 
Once coconut is on the cheese, place the upper half of the cupcake on top.
 
To hold the sesame seeds on I mixed 2 Tablespoons of honey with a Tablespoon of water...Brush on the top of Cupcake and then sprinkle with the seeds(you could also use some white small nonpareils) if you can find them
 
Have fun with these!...I know I did....Everyone got a kick out of them when I served them, these would be a fun thing to make with the kids also!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment