Home

Friday, February 17, 2017

Carrot Cake Muffins Paleo & Gluten free

I am always Gluten Free but when I am trying to be Paleo on top of it I am always looking for something to satisfy my sweet tooth!....And although there is only honey in these to sweeten them they did the trick!...And Carrot cake is one of my favorites so I particularly like these....I also added some Flax meal to make them fiber rich, you can omit it if you like and if you are not a fan of raisins you can leave them out....If you are not restricted you could always add some cream cheese frosting to them!...These are very simple to make..Here is what I did.....Enjoy!
 
INGREDIENTS
 
2 eggs
1/3 Cup Coconut oil (melted)
1/3 Cup Honey
2 teaspoons Vanilla
 
1 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
2 Tablespoons Flax meal (optional)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Allspice
2 Carrots (grated)
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1/2 Cup Raisins
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350
 
In a bowl add the eggs, oil honey and vanilla and beat with a whisk
 
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
 
Add batter to cupcake pan with liners
 
 
I filled with my large scoop and got 12 muffins out of this recipe
 
 
Bake for 15-17 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment