Home

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Easy Taco Pie (gluten free)

I was just thinking about this recipe I used to make when my kids were little...( I used Bisquick for a lot of things back then).....It was this Taco Pie...now that my kids are grown I still have Taco Tuesday every week if they can make it....I was trying to think of other things I could make and thought of this recipe, now that Bisquick makes a gluten free version I thought I would try it again.....I am sure you could use other g- free mixes like Pamela's for this also.....Well this was a big hit, my son in-law loved it, so I am sure I will be making it again!....I didn't add the green chilies this time but may try next time to see how they like it...Well here is what I did...Enjoy!!
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion (optional)
1 package g-free Taco seasoning
small can green chilies (optional)
2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Baking mix (Bisquick or Pamela's)
 
3/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
 
*Top with*
 
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
sliced black olives
 
*Garnish with*
 
Sour cream
Salsa
 
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400
 
1. Spray 9 inch Pie Plate...Cook  beef and onion until browned...stir in seasoning (drain if needed)....Spoon into pie plate add chilies if using
 
 
2. In a small bowl whisk eggs, milk and baking mix until smooth
Pour into pie plate
 
Bake 25 minutes then top with cheese and continue baking until melted
 
let stand 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomatoes and olives
Garnish with salsa and or sour cream
 
Here are the mixes that can be used
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment