Home

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Hearty Cabbage-Veggie Soup

I have posted a cabbage soup recipe before, but this one is a little different.....I pretty much included everything but the kitchen sink!....I made this a little heartier.... And in this recipe I made a massive amount because I was distributing to some ailing family members so you could definitely cut this in half if you don't need this much....or you could make this much and eat it all week or distribute to friends or family who would appreciate some!....I also used Swiss chard because I love it, but you could substitute with spinach if you like....Here is what I did....Enjoy!
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
6 Carrots (diced)
6 Celery Ribs (diced)
2 Sweet Potatoes (diced)
1 large onion (diced)
1 head of Broccoli (small florets)
1 head Cauliflower (small pieces)
3 Zucchini (diced with skin on)
1 bunch Swiss Chard (chopped)
1 head Cabbage (chopped)
2 cans Petite diced tomatoes
2 cans Kidney beans
2 -32 oz. boxes Chicken Broth
1 Knorr  chicken bouillon cube + 2 cups water (I added for extra flavor, but not necessary)
2 - 32 oz. Jars Pasta Sauce (garden veggie or tomato basil)
salt and pepper to taste
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Add the carrots, onion , celery and sweet potatoes to pot with olive oil
Saute about 10 minutes and then add all of the rest of the ingredients
Bring to a boil and then simmer until veggies are tender
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment