Home

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Low Carb Keto/Gluten Free Bagel's

I can't even remember the last time I ate a bagel with cream cheese.....It had always been one of my favorite things too.....so when I saw that you could actually make a bagel out of cheese and almond flour I had to give it a try!....I have to say I was kind of skeptical, but when the first batch I made turned out really good, (the next day it was good toasted with cream cheese on it) I made another batch the next day and decided to make them Everything bagels which I also loved...I could pretty much put that seasoning on a piece of cardboard and wouldn't mind eating it!...I also decide to try making some bagel stix out of some of the dough and I love the way those turned out too...so the choice is yours...with this recipe I made 4 of each. after baking you can keep in a container with a lid or a large Ziploc. For the next day you can slice and toast in the toaster or even pop in the microwave to reheat a few second to enjoy it warm again...Or how about even making a pizza bagel out of it....All I know is I think I will be making these a lot now....Other topping options could be whatever you want...like just toasted sesame or kosher salt or dried onion or garlic alone or just poppy seed!...Have fun with it and finally get to enjoy a guilt free bagel.....Here is what I did...Enjoy!!
 
 
BAGEL INGREDIENTS
 
1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour + extra for kneading
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Eggs (beaten)
1 Bag(2 cups) Shredded Mozzarella
3 ounces Cream Cheese
(melted butter for topping)
 
EVERYTHING SEASONING
 
1/2 Tablespoon Dried Minced Onion
1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 Tablespoon Dried Minced Garlic
2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 teaspoon Crushed Black Pepper
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
 
In a bowl mix together the almond flour, baking powder and salt and set aside
In a another bowl beat the 2 eggs and set aside
 
Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large glass bowl
 
  Microwave for a total of 2 minutes...stirring after 1 minute
Stir until combined
Then add the flour mixture and the beaten eggs
Mix with hands until incorporated adding more almond flour if sticky
continue kneading until you have a nice dough ball that bounces back
Roll into a long even log and then divide into six pieces
Take a piece and roll into a log then form into a circle/bagel shape and pinch ends together
If making a bagel stick take a piece and divide into 2 and make a log shape
I made 4 bagels and 4 sticks out of my 6 pieces, your choice
 
Place bagels on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with melted butter then press your seasoning/topping on
 
Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden...mine took 12 minutes
 
Eat warm or slice, toast and top with cream cheese if you like
Store in a container with a lid or a Ziploc
You can also reheat the next day in the microwave for a few seconds to soften
ENJOY!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment