Home

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Gnocchi Mac and Cheese (gluten free)

Last week my Mother in law had us over for dinner,,,,she made her wonderful spaghetti sauce and everyone else was going to have ravioli with it. She had bought gluten free gnocchi for me to eat with it, I had never tried them before, but let me tell you they were so good!! I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything!,,So it got me thinking what else I could make with them,,,I do have a recipe on my blog for chicken gnocchi soup, which I will be making with these in the future, but I thought Mac and Cheese would be really good, and it was!!....You can also add this sauce to pasta of your choice I have also used gluten free elbows,,,,Here is what I did......Enjoy!


 
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
2 -12 ounce pkgs. gnocchi (gluten free)
 
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Cup chicken broth
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Cup milk
1 Cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 Cup shredded fontina cheese
salt if needed
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Prepare Gnocchi according to package....while cooking make cheese sauce.....in a bowl whisk cornstarch into chicken broth, set aside,,,,,,,start by melting butter in saucepan. Add chicken broth with cornstarch and then milk,,,cook on low, bring to a low boil then add cheeses.
Whisk until smooth......when gnocchi are done, drain and add to cheese sauce
 
 
Here are the gnocchi I used
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment