Home

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Cauliflower Pizza Crust


OK,,,so I have been wanting to try and make a cauliflower crust pizza for a while now..... I finally decided to give it a try.....A lot of the recipes just seemed very time consuming so I wasn't very eager to make it!...So I will try to simplify this recipe for you as much as I can!...I have to say though once I made it, it really wasn't that difficult,,,,And, the next time I make it, it will be a breeze!!...Here is what I did,,,,,Enjoy!
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
1 egg
1/2cup grated parmesan
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 teaspoon granulated onion powder
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
optional seasonings.....rosemary, basil or oregano
(you will also need cheesecloth or a linen dishtowel)
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
and place a cookie sheet upside down in oven (or a pizza stone)

 
1. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor or blender (I used my Ninja blender)
 
2.It should look like rice....transfer to a glass bowl and microwave for 8 minutes and let it cool (about 5 minutes)
3.Overlay a bowl with cheesecloth or linen dishtowel and add cooked cauliflower

4. Start wringing out the cauliflower to remove all water

 
5.Add dried cauliflower back to bowl and add cheeses, egg and spices...mix well to form your (dough) ball...divide into 2 balls
6. Spray a piece of parchment with cooking spray (I placed parchment on my pizza peel to slide into oven)...add 1 dough ball and start forming your crust do not make to thick or too thin especially at the edge to prevent burning
7. Slide crust onto the upside down cookie sheet (you could also use a pizza stone) and bake for12-15 minutes or until it looks golden brown
 
8. Decorate as you like with sauce (any veggies you may like) then cheeses ...I sprinkled with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella before putting back in oven and baking until cheese is melted,,,(I can't have tomatoes, so this was more like a cheesy bread!)

9. Let cool then slice as you like!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment