Home

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Lemon Loaf (Gluten Free)

Well I have been seeing a lot of the copycat recipes for Starbucks Lemon pound cake and it looks so good!!.....But I can't have any of the ingredients so I wanted to try a recipe that I could enjoy!....I am trying to cut sugar also and although there is only honey in the actual loaf the icing does have powdered sugar in it so you can omit if you like. This was really easy to put together also......here is what I did.....Enjoy!!


 
 
Dry Ingredients
 
1 1/2 cups Almond flour
3 Tablespoons Coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
zest from 2 lemons
Add dry ingredients to bowl....whisk to remove lumps and set aside
 
Wet Ingredients
 
3 eggs whisked
juice of the 2 lemons you zested
1 teaspoon vanilla
 1/3 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup honey
2 Tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract
 
Icing
 
1/2 cup powder sugar
1 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon lemon extract
 
Preheat oven to 350
 
Add wet ingredients to bowl and whisk together start adding the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated ...do not over mix
 
 
 
 
Prepare a loaf pan with parchment overlapping pour mixture in spreading evenly and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes test with a toothpick making sure it is clean.....my loaf took exactly 35 minutes
 
Ice when loaf is cool
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment