Home

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Chicken and Dumplings (gluten free)

I have never made dumplings before, but have always wanted to try them...especially if they can be gluten free!....You can make these with regular flour if you like. You can also use your own chicken soup recipe, but I will show you how I did mine. I used the meat off of a rotisserie chicken for this. And I used 8 cups of broth....1 32 ounce box plus 2 cubes of Knorr chicken cubes with 4 cups of water....I just like the flavor Knorr boullion has so I like adding it, but you can use your favorite broth....I have also been buying dehydrated parsley, but you could use dry or fresh.....Here is what I did ....Enjoy!



SOUP INGREDIENTS

2 Tablespoon oil
1 onion chopped
4-5 carrots diced
4-5 celery ribs sliced
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1 Tablespoon dry parsley
1 rotisserie chicken (meat)
8 cups  chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

DUMPLINGS
2 1/2 cups all purpose or gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum (omit if using regular flour)
1 tablespoon dry parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chicken broth
2 eggs beaten






DIRECTIONS

Add oil to pot with onion carrot and celery and saute until soft
Add the rest of soup ingredients and bring to boil and then simmer

For Dumplings add all dry ingredients to a bowl and then add eggs and broth
stir with a fork until combined....Dough should be thick and sticky

When soup is done to your liking...Drop the dough into pot with a Tablespoon until gone
Cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment