Home

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Skinatalie Margarita's

I have to say I do love a great Margarita.....what I don't like is all of the sugar and calories in the Pre mix you have to use when making them....So I came up with my own way of making them with fresh limes and Stevia.....They quickly became known as Skinatalie's.....I regularly get requests from family and friends to make a pitcher them...they are a great summer cocktail but we make them anytime!.....You know how you see those giant bags of limes at Costco and think what in the heck am I going to do with all of those?,,,Well now you know!..I am going to base this recipe on 8 limes.....and I use a 2 ounce shot glass for measurements, I also find a hand held citrus juicer works well for squeezing limes....Here is my formula of how I make them....Enjoy!!
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
LIMES
STEVIA
TEQUILA (silver)
GRAND MARNIER or COINTREAU
 PELLIGRINO (sparkling soda)
CLEMENTINE OR AN ORANGE
 
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
My rule of thumb is for every fresh lime you squeeze you will add 1 shot of tequila, 1/2 shot of Grand Marnier or Cointreau  a pinch of stevia and 1/2 glass of sparkling water.. I prefer Pelligrino
 
EXAMPLE
 
8 limes (juice)
8 shots of tequila
4 shots Grand Marnier
Stevia (to your liking)
4 cups of sparkling water
I juice 1 clementine at the end for flavor!
 
Add these ingredients to a pitcher ...stir and serve over ice
 
From here you can adjust any way you like as far as more or less liquor or limes to your taste.
I have found this formula works pretty well.....Cheers!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment