Home

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Spaghetti (squash) & Meatball Parmesan

I have been seeing so many recipes for spaghetti squash lately, and I always love making it. I saw one for chicken parmesan squash and it looked really good, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of breading and frying chicken that I didn't have on hand anyway....But I did have a bag of frozen meatballs in the freezer, so I thought why not use those!.....So that is where this recipe came from.....You can buy frozen Italian meatballs at the grocery store but if you happen to have home made ones on hand you could use those....the same with the sauce, I just used my favorite jar sauce for this....So it was super easy to put together.....No real measurements I will show you how I assembled it......Here is what I did.....Enjoy!
 
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 spaghetti squash
olive oil
salt and pepper
pasta sauce
meatballs (thawed)
parmesan cheese
 mozzarella cheese
 
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
1. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds
2. Brush flesh with olive oil then salt and pepper
3. Place face down on parchment lined sheet pan and bake at 375 for 40 minutes
4. When done flip squash over and loosen flesh with a fork
5. Ladle some sauce over squash
6. Add meatballs then more sauce
7. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and then top with mozzarella
8. Place back in oven for 10 - 15 minutes to melt cheese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment