Home

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Egg in the Middle

Now this is a very old recipe that is a tradition in our family!....My Mom used to make this for me when I was little and I used to make it for my kids, it is still one of their favorites!..... And I would make it for their friends when they spent the night!......Well I still make it today and everyone loves them.....It is getting your eggs and toast all in one. I know there are other names for this like Egg in the hole or Hen in the basket.....But we have always called them Egg in the middle!....I used a flower cookie cutter, but you could use a heart or a round shape..Here is what I do ...Enjoy!
 
INGREDIENTS
 
Eggs
Bread of your choice
Butter
 
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
1. Using cookie cutter of your choice, cut out center of bread
 
2. Butter both sides and add to a heated and buttered skillet
3. Add egg to center and let cook for 4-5 minutes
4. Butter both sides the cutout piece of bread and add to pan, flip  when golden
5. Flip bread with egg over and cook for 1 -3 minutes, (you can lift corner with spatula and check for doneness)
6. Add to plate and use the bread around the egg and your extra piece to dunk!
 

1 comment: