Home

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Creamy Citrus Vinaigrette

Every time I go to one my favorite restaurants in Florida, I always order the same thing...and I am not sick of it yet!.....This time after I came home I wanted to try and recreate the salad, which theirs has coconut shrimp, toasted sliced almonds ,mandarin oranges and sprinkles of coconut flakes....They also serve it with a citrus dressing.....This is what I came up with, I thought it turned out pretty close.....I made my salad with grilled shrimp along with the almonds, oranges and coconut flakes with chopped romaine lettuce,....But you can add whatever you like!
Here is how I made the vinaigrette.....Enjoy!

Vinaigrette Ingredients
 
1/2 Cup Orange Juice or more( I squeezed 2 mandarin oranges, mine were juicy, you may need more to get  a 1/2cup)
1 lime (juiced)
1/2 Cup Olive oil
3 Tablespoons Honey
1/4 Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
 
 
Add all ingredients to your Bullet or blender and blend until incorporated
 
NOTE**I added an extra orange that I squeezed so it was a little more than 1/2 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment