Home

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Italian Meatloaf

I have to admit, I do love meatloaf!......But as I was thinking about making meatballs I thought why not make that mixture but make it in a loaf!....So this meatloaf is actually a huge Meatball!......After it was done cooking I topped it with pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese and then shredded Mozzarella. Also I tried something different when cooking it...Instead of making it in a loaf pan, which tends to collect all of the extra oils. I formed this loaf on a broiler pan so all of the oils could run off and it turned out really well...Here is what I did....Enjoy!
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 1/2 of Lean Ground Sirloin
1 shallot (diced)
1 egg
1/2 Cup milk
1 Tablespoon Dry Parsley
1 teaspoon salt
 
TOPPING
Pasta sauce
Parmesan cheese
Shredded Mozzarella
 
DIRECTIONS
 
 
Add beef to a mixing bowl
 
Add the rest of the ingredients and gently mix with your hands
Take the mixture and form into a loaf on your broiler pan
 
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes
 
 
Top with sauce then parmesan cheese and then top with Mozzarella continue baking until
cheese is melted....Transfer to a platter and let rest a few minutes before slicing
Serve with extra sauce and Parmesan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment