Home

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Coconut Chicken Tenders (gluten free and paleo)


I Love Coconut Shrimp and have always wanted to try making them....I didn't have any Shrimp on hand so I thought I would try it with chicken!...They turned out really good so I will use this same recipe next time with shrimp.....I fried these after coating just to secure the breading and then baked them the rest of the way.....If making shrimp I won't do that...frying will cook them quickly...I served these with a sweet chili dipping sauce but I think sweet and sour would be great also...But use your favorite......Here is what I did....Enjoy!


 
INGREDIENTS
 
3 Chicken Breast
 
1 Cup Unsweetened Flake Coconut
5 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
1 teaspoon salt
 
2 Eggs (beaten)
3 teaspoons Tapioca flour (or Arrowroot flour)
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
In a shallow bowl beat eggs, add Tapioca flour and beat some more...set aside
 
In another shallow bowl add Coconut, Coconut flour and salt and mix
 
 
Cut the chicken breast diagonally into about 1 inch strips
 
Dip the strips into the egg first and then the coconut...being sure to press it into chicken 
 
 
Fry the strips in olive oil until golden and transfer into a baking dish
 
 
....cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 oven 
serve with your favorite sauce
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment