Home

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Eggplant Parmesan(gluten free)

One of my husbands most favorite things I ever have made has to be Eggplant Parmesan!...Well since cooking mostly gluten free I have not made it in a long time...I just haven't found the right bread crumb to mimic the Italian seasoned bread crumbs I had always used in my original recipe.....Well I found one and decided to see if it would work, and it did.....I am so happy and can't wait to try other recipes that I haven't been able to make...I really don't have measurements for this recipe but I can give you all of the instructions and details on how to put this together....Here is what I did....Enjoy!
 
INGREDIENTS
 
list of everything needed
 
Eggplant
Tomato sauce
Eggs (about 3)
Breadcrumbs
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Salt
Oil (for frying)
 
EGGPLANT
 ( I used 1 large Italian round one)
 
TOMATO SAUCE
(I used 1 jar of my favorite that happens to have my parents picture on it!.. but you could use home made also)
 
 
ITALIAN SEASONED BREADCRUMBS
I found this gluten free version, you could use regular also)
 
MOZZARELLA CHEESE
(2 cups or 1 bag shredded)
 
PARMESAN CHEESE
(for sprinkling between layers)
 
EGGS
(about 3 beaten)
 
DIRECTIONS
Have a fry pan ready with olive oil in it and prepare a casserole dish with cooking spray
 
Begin by peeling and slicing your eggplant (about 1/2 inch slices) they were big so I sliced in 1/2
 
Sprinkle salt on all of the slices
 
In 2 shallow bowls add beaten eggs to one and the breadcrumbs (with parmesan) to the other
 
Dip the eggplant in the egg and then dredge in breadcrumbs (I added some parmesan to my breadcrumbs)
 
Heat your pan with the oil and add the breaded eggplant
Turn when golden...when done place an a plate with paper towel top with another paper towel...you will
want to soak up as much oil as possible
 
In the casserole dish add Tomato sauce on the bottom before your first layer of eggplant
Sprinkle eggplant with parmesan cheese then add some sauce then add Mozzarella
Top with a little more sauce and then continue this until you have used up the eggplant
 
You will end with the Mozzarella then drizzle with more sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan
I covered with a glass lid but you can cover with foil also
Bake in a 350 oven check it after 45 minutes to see how it is doing uncover at that time and continue baking ( you want the eggplant to be soft)
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment