Home

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Avocado~Feta Dip

Let me first warn you about this dip,,,,It is Highly addictive!! My sister in~law Sharon served this on Mothers Day, and I literally could not step away from the bowl!!,,,,,,She was nice enough to give me the recipe so I could share!!,,,,,After getting the recipe I made and served it to my Euchre girls, and it was a big hit!!,,,,So now this will be my go to dip to make,,,,it is very easy and I must tell you I think the  ground Cumin spice in here is what gives it such a distinctive flavor,,,,so if you don't have any, I highly suggest you purchase some before making this!,,,I served with both Pita Chips (TownHouse came out with a great Mediterranean Herb one, shown below) and Multi~Grain Tostito scoops,,,,,Here is what you do,,,,Enjoy!!

 
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
2 Avocados (diced)
4 Roma Tomatoes (diced)
1/2 Red Onion (finely diced)
4 oz. Feta Cheese
1/2 lime (to squeeze on avocado)
1 T Ground Cumin
1 t Kosher Salt
1/4 C Olive Oil
1 T Red Wine Vinegar
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Dice tomatoes and onion and add to a bowl,,,,add Feta and the rest of the ingredients except the Avocado and lime juice
and mix together
I Diced the avocado added to a separate bowl added the lime juice (to prevent browning) and lightly tossed
add the avocado last to the tomato mixture and gently mix
Cover and refrigerate a couple of hours until ready to serve...Enjoy!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment