Home

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cheesy Quinoa Bake

Here is a healthier version of Mac and Cheese!!,,,This is assembled pretty much the way the normal mac and cheese with pasta is, but pasta s replaced with Quinoa!....also the quinoa is cooked in chicken broth and when I made this I didn't have enough shredded cheddar on hand so I tossed in some cubed Velveeta,,,which is an option also,,,,Here is what I did,,,,Enjoy!!


 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 cup dry quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
 
4 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
 
DIRECTIONS
preheat oven to 350
 
Prepare quinoa as directed using chicken broth in place of water
Once done add cream cheese, parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the shredded and mix well...add salt and pepper and stir...once mixed,,,top with remaining shredded cheddar and cover and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted
 
**NOTE ( I really like the addition of Velveeta to this recipe,,,,I think I will add in future,,,it gives a nice creamy texture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment