Home

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Gluten~Free Pizza Crust

So after all of my years of cooking and baking gluten free, one thing I had never tackled was pizza crust!,,,And with my family being in the pizza business and all, you would think that would have been the first thing I tried!!,,,,Well I figured it was time to throw my hat in the ring and give it a whirl!,,,,After I came up with this recipe I was crossing my fingers hoping it would turn out ok!,,,After it was baked I had my daughter try a piece to see what she thought,,,when she had a second piece I knew I had something!!,,,Well here is what I did,,,Good luck!


 
 
 
CRUST INGREDIENTS
 
Dry
1 1/2 C All Purpose GF flour (I used Bobs Red Mill)
1 1/2 C Brown Rice flour (I used Bobs Red Mill)
2 T corn starch
2 t xanthum gum
1 t salt
1 t sugar
1 package rapid rise yeast
 
Wet
2 T olive oil
2 t apple cider vinegar
1 T honey
1 1/2 C warm water
 
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400
 
In a bowl combine all dry ingredients and stir with a whisk,,,set aside
In another bowl add all wet ingredients and set aside
 
Add bowl of dry ingredients in your stand mixer with dough attachement
add some of the wet and mix at low speed...keep adding more of the wet ingredients and mix until
ball forms,,,you can put speed a little higher,,,if it looks too sticky add more all purpose gf flour
 
pour dough onto floured surface and knead
Meanwhile take a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush it with olive oil
 
Once you have your ball of dough
place in middle of baking sheet and start patting it down with your fingers and form into shape you want,,,make sure it is not to thick and even all around...once it is to your liking
place in oven and bake for 10 minutes
 
When dough comes out of oven I brushed  whole crust with olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan cheese
Then I added my family pizza sauce
And topped it with "off the block" shredded Mozzarella from the package,,,decorate with what you like
then drizzle with more sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and oregano!! Place back in 400 degree oven until cheese is good and melted,,let rest a minute before cutting
Voila!!
 
 
 
NOTE*** I did not let this dough rest or "proof" before I baked,,,but I am sure you could
I may try next time just to see if there is any difference!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment