Home

Monday, August 11, 2014

Overnight Blueberry French Toast

Here is a great recipe for your next Brunch or Breakfast!,,,What is nice about this is you prepare this the day before, so you just have to pop it in the oven the next day....While it was baking I made the Blueberry sauce that you pour over when done!.....My friend Sheri made this last week and I had to have the recipe after I tried it!,,,,I changed it up just a little but it turned out great!!,,,,Here is what I did,,,,,Enjoy!!


 
INGREDIENTS
 
About 12 slices bread (I used soft crust loaves that I cut slices 1 inch and then cubed)
(I have also made this with King's Hawaiian Rolls  and it was great!! 1 pkg. of the large)
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese (cubed)
1 pint fresh blueberries
12 eggs (beaten)
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
 
BLUEBERRY SAUCE
 
1 cup water
1 pint fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1 Tablespoon butter
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
1. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish ( I used a lasagna pan)
arrange half the bread cubes in dish, add cream cheese cubes and then the blueberries
add the rest of the bread
 
2. In a bowl add  eggs,  milk and vanilla and whisk together until mixed, pour over bread, cover
then refrigerate overnight (press bread down into egg mixture to ensure it is all covered if needed)
 
3. When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 bake covered for 30 minutes and then uncover
and bake 30 more minutes until done (center should be firm and top lightly brown)
 
4. In a sauce pan mix the sugar cornstarch and water, bring to boil stirring constantly
cook 3-4 minutes and then add fresh blueberries, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, then stir in butter
Use some of the sauce to pour over French toast bake when done....save some to pour over individual servings also!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment