Home

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Meatloaf Cupcakes w/ Corn filling and Mashed Potato Frosting

I think this has to be just the cutest little meal around!!.....for this I used my normal meatloaf recipe, but if you have one that you love you could use that!......I also decided to use corn as a filling, because to me these 3 foods go hand in hand together!!,,,When I make normal meatloaf I always have corn and mashed potatoes  to go along with it!.....Here is what I did...Enjoy!

 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 pound ground sirloin
1/2 small onion (diced)
1/2 envelope meatloaf seasoning
1 slice bread (soaked with milk and torn in pieces)
1 egg (beaten)
 
corn
mashed potatoes
 
GLAZE
1/2 cup ketchup
2  Tablespoons brown sugar
 
DIRECTIONS
preheat oven to 350
spray a muffin tin (set aside)
 
Mix first 5 ingredients together in a bowl to make your meatloaf
In another bowl mix together the ketchup and brown sugar
 
start to fill each muffin tin 1/2 way with meat mixture
sprinkle a layer of corn in each one
 
then scoop more meat mixture to cover and pat it down
 
top with ketchup glaze and bake for 25 minutes
 
when done remove each cupcake to a platter and pipe with mashed potatoes
(I have a tool to do this, but you could add to a gallon freezer bag and cut corner)
This recipe made 7-8 cupcakes, if you need more you can double recipe!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment