Home

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Orzo-Veggie Soup

So, how I came up with this soup is by using what I had on hand,,,,And I am so happy with the results,,,,The combination of using diced sweet potatoes and zucchini made this very tasty!,,,,,Being gluten free I reserved some for myself before I added the orzo for the family. I will definitely be making this again and maybe even add a few more veggies I think celery would be very good addition or even kidney beans,,,Use what you like, but I highly suggest the use of sweet potatoes in here!...I also used Orzo because that is what I had on hand but you could use any small pasta or even Rice would be good,,,Here is what I did.....Enjoy!!

 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
 
2 T olive oil
I large sweet potato (diced)
3 carrots (diced)
1 large zucchini (quartered and diced)
1 small shallot or onion (diced)
2 cups chopped spinach
8 cups Chicken Broth
salt and pepper
1 cup Orzo (cooked)
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Saute potatoes, carrots, zucchini and shallot for 10 minutes
add chicken broth and spinach bring to boil then cover and simmer for about 25-30 minutes until carrots and potatoes are soft then add cooked Orzo,,,salt and pepper to taste and serve topped with parmesan cheese!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment