Home

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Apple and Onion Pork Tenderloin (slow cooker)

So what do you do with a pork tenderloin??.....Well  there are a lot of recipes out there  for pulled pork in the crock pot, using barbecue sauce but with my restricted diet and not being able to have tomatoes, I wanted to try something else,,,I saw some recipes using apples and onions for flavor and I thought I would give it a try,,,I changed up the sauce a little bit and this is what I came up with!....Enjoy!


 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1- 1/2 to 2 pound Pork Tenderloin
2-3 Green Apples (chopped)
1 medium onion (sliced)
1/2 Cup chicken Broth
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 T mustard
3 T honey
 
Spices:
granulated onion
granulated garlic
ground thyme
salt and pepper
 
 
DIRECTIONS
turn crockpot to low
 
Place chopped apple and onions in bottom of crock pot lay pork tenderloin on top and sprinkle pork with spices....
In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, vinegar, mustard and honey
Pour over tenderloin and cook on low for 8-10 hours
 
 
 
 
This is what it looks like finished,,,the apples kind of turn into applesauce
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment