Home

Monday, March 17, 2014

One Pot Wonder Tomato/Spinach Pasta

Ok,,,Let me start by saying that I have been seeing a lot of these recipes for one pot pasta, and I must say I was very skeptical about it being any good!! So of course I had to try it!,,,And let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised!,,,,and then I started thinking about the endless possibilities to what you can add to this!,,,,I added frozen spinach this time, but next time I think I will add some diced zucchini or frozen peas!!,,,Well here is what I did,,you can be creative with this too,,,,Enjoy!
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
12 oz Spaghetti (dry)
1 medium onion (sliced)
2 Cups frozen cut spinach (thawed and squeezed)
1- 15 0z can petite diced tomatoes (with juices)
4 Cups chicken broth or stock
1 t dry oregano
2 t dry basil
3 cloves garlic (minced)
salt and pepper
pinch of crushed red pepper
parmesan cheese (for garnish)
  
Here is everything I put in the pot!
 
Note,,,If using the box of Barilla Plus like shown,,,use 1 more cup of chicken broth
(this box is 14 1/2 ounces)
 
 DIRECTIONS
 
Add all ingredients to a Dutch Oven or large pot, push pasta in or break if you have to,,,,Cover and
bring to boil,,,,after it comes to boil stir together to mix ingredients
turn heat to low and simmer covered for 10 minutes,,,,stirring every couple of minutes
until liquid is absorbed,,,about 20 or so minutes
 
 
here it is finished,,,top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!!
***The next time I made this I added frozen peas!,,,It was amazing!***
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment