Home

Friday, March 28, 2014

Zucchini Parmesan

One of my husbands most favorite dishes I make would have to be my eggplant parmesan ( I will post soon!)
Well I happened to have some zucchini on hand, which got me to thinking,,,how about trying it with zucchini!!,,,So here is what I did,,,There are no measurements to this so I will tell you what I used and how I assembled it,,,,Enjoy!


 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
Thinly sliced zucchini (washed with skin left on) I used 3
olive oil
marinara sauce (small jar) * see below
Italian bread crumbs
parmesan cheese
shredded mozzarella
 
 
 
 
In a small casserole dish add some marinara sauce to cover bottom.
Then add the thinly sliced zucchini
Drizzle with olive oil
Then sprinkle with breadcrumbs
 sprinkle with parmesan cheese
next top with mozzarella
add more sauce
then another row of zucchini
repeat with olive oil, breadcrumbs
parmesan, mozzarella and sauce
add another row of the same
ending with the mozzarella topped with sauce
cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes or until it looks done
and all cheeses are melted
 
 
 
* The sauce I use happens to have my parents picture on it!...I love it for my parmesan recipes
and I even add some to my homemade spaghetti sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment