Home

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Asparagus Fries W/Dipping Sauce

My family and I went to dinner last week and they had Asparagus Fries on the Menu,,,we ordered them and everyone Loved them!....So of course I had to try and recreate them,,,and this is what I came up with. I thought that the Bloomin Onion Dipping sauce would work great with these, so I found a copycat recipe,,,,I used Gluten Free Panko, but you could definitely use regular,,,another bonus is that these are baked,,,not fried!...Here is what I did,,,Enjoy!

 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 bunch (about 15) Asparagus
1 1/2 Cups Panko (I used gluten free)
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
3 Egg Whites
1 1/2 T Mayonnaise
 
 
DIPPING SAUCE
 
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 T Ketchup
1 1/2 t Horseradish (prepared)
1/2 t Lawrys seasoned salt
1/4 t paprika
1/8 t Crushed Red Pepper
Mix these ingredients together
 
 
 
 
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 (turning down to 375 when baking)
 
In a shallow dish, whisk together egg whites and Mayo
in another dish add Panko and Parmesan Cheese
Prepare Asparagus by washing and cutting off about an inch off the end
 
Dip each asparagus into egg mixture then breading mixture,,,pressing breading into them
 
Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and spray each breaded asparagus with cooking spray
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes
Serve with Dipping Sauce and Enjoy!!
**NOTE.....there is more than enough breading to make more than 15 Asparagus!**
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment