Home

Monday, April 7, 2014

Quinoa Chili (Vegetarian)

If  you are looking for a great way to disguise Quinoa, look no further!,,,This recipe is for you!
Let's face it Quinoa doesn't have much flavor,,,,but I still love it! This recipe is how I usually prepare my regular chilli with ground beef,,,I just switched out the beef for Quinoa,,,Here is what I did,,,Enjoy!

 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
2 T olive oil
1 Med Onion (diced)
1- 29 0z can crushed tomatoes
1 29 oz can tomato sauce
1- 14 1/2 oz can petite diced tomatoes
2 Cups water
2- 15 oz cans kidney beans
1- 15 oz can black beans
2 Cups frozen corn
2 Cups Quinoa (cooked as directed)(1/2 cup dry quinoa 1 cup water)
1 pkg MCormick chili seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
 
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
In a large pot saute onion in olive oil until translucent
add all of the tomatoes and water
then the beans, corn and Quinoa
add the seasoning packet
Bring to boil and then let simmer
garnish with sour cream and shredded cheddar if you like!
 
NOTE*****when making the quinoa I used 1 cup of dry to 2 cups water,,,,that made about 4 Cups of quinoa,,,if you want to have extra that is fine,,,next time I will cook 1/2 cup dry to 1 cup water, that should make exactly what is needed for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment