Home

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Orzo~Florentine Soup

This recipe I came up with is for my Mom, who loves Rosa Marina soup,,,,which is basically orzo pasta in a tomato broth. I wanted to see if I could make something a little heartier for her! This is what I came up with,,,,I hope she likes it!!,,,,Enjoy!


 
 
 
INGREDIENTS
 
2 T olive oil
1 Medium onion (diced)
2 lg carrots (diced small)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 T tomato paste
1 Bay Leaf
4 Cups Chicken Broth
2 -14 1/2 oz cans Petite diced tomatoes
1- 11 1/2 oz can V-8 juice
4-6 cups fresh baby spinach
1 T brown sugar
1 1/2 t dry basil
1/2 t dry oregano
salt and pepper
1 Cup orzo (measure dry) then cook
parmesan cheese (for garnish)
 
 
 
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
Saute onion and carrot in olive oil until onion is translucent
add tomato paste then minced garlic
stir together and then add spinach
Pour in Chicken broth, tomatoes and V-8
add brown sugar and spices
Cover and bring to boil,,then lower to simmer
Meanwhile boil orzo as directed, cook for about 10 minutes
drain and add to soup
continue simmering covered until carrot is soft desired thickness achieved
serve with grated parmesan
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment