Home

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hamburger Stew

So this recipe is prepared just like a normal stew,,,but instead of stewing meat I used ground sirloin.
I was a little skeptical about it, but my family loved it!! My husband added his usual horseradish to his like he does when I make regular stew,,,,and my daughter added oyster crackers to hers! I am adding a couple more potatoes to how I originally made it,,,because you can never have too many potatoes and I think it could use it!,,,Here is what I did,,,Enjoy!!


 
INGREDIENTS
 
1 Medium Onion (diced)
2 pounds ground sirloin
3 T flour
4 Cups beef broth
1 -14 1/2 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
4 Carrots diced
6 potatoes (cubed)
1 1/2 Cups frozen peas
1 Bay leaf
1/2 t dry thyme
salt and pepper
 
 
DIRECTIONS
 
In a large pot or dutch oven,,,brown beef and onion until beef is no longer pink
add flour and stir... add the rest of the ingredients and cover.
Bring to boil,,,then let simmer covered for 50 -60 minutes until it is thickened and vegetables are soft
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment